Sunday, September 7, 2008

About This "Attic"

I've always thought that attics were interesting places... places where secrets were told, stories were developed, paintings were completed, and history was discovered.

I have a "regular blog," A Study in Contrasts, which is mostly devoted to my garden musings and observations. But lately I've been itching to have a separate place where I can post about some of my trash-to-treasure projects, random thoughts that just don't fit the other blog, and maybe even (doweventually) some artwork or creative writing*.

This blog has become that place, and I hope that it is thought-provoking, interesting, and a reflection of what's going on in my proverbial attic** as well.

--------------------------------------------------------
*Characterized by purity, simplicity, and elegant wit: Attic prose.
**attic: (n) 3. informal terms for a human head.

1 comment:

Annie in Austin said...

Everyone needs extra space, Kim and I just found yours.
I grew up in a house with an attic but have only a crawl space in this house.

Thank heavens for virtual rooms.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose